Because sometimes it’s 5 am and you’re hungry and in a weird mood and you just want to shake someone by the shoulders and go, YOU KNOW “YOU ARE DAVE STRIDER,” DON’T YOU? RIGHT? RIGHT? HOW COULD YOU NOT? even though you don’t even really like ”You Are Dave Strider” and you never did.
Thus. Some things from the days where act 5.2 was still young and everything seemed like a revelation:
- four titles, by liquidCitrus; no-Reckoning AU and heavily Jossed even with that caveat, but you go for the thoughtful worldbuilding, measured pacing, and intriguing peek into what might have been. I don’t wish Homestuck was this story, but I’d eat it up if it were.
- And Justice for All, by a_mere_trifle; okay I rec this once every three months, but this is seriously one of the top 10 most important Terezi fics ever. Top 5, even! It’s just a really fucking influential fic that’s not gotten a lot of attention in its own right, which I think is a shame, not to mention even on its own it says so many important things about Dave and Terezi.
- Show the Lights, by partingxshot; Rose Lalonde dogged by demons both grimdark and Sapphic. Did you know that the other day I saw someone talking about definitive Rose/Kanaya fics and this wasn’t one of them? I have not kept up with the Homestuck fic scene for over a year, but I still feel very comfortable asserting that no one does Rose/Kanaya like Sarah.
- the sand and the seashells, by alanahikarichan; John/Karkat human romance, and I’ll understand if you find the quadrants-dismissal squicky, but this is more classic Johnkat than a lot of the big Johnkat classics, really.
- Chess Rules, by yubishines; no, this hasn’t even been rendered a tiny bit superfluous by [S] Cascade and I will not hear a word to the contrary.